Sun, Feb 16, 2014, 1:30p:
All pieces cut out, matching thread wound. I did not have enough fabric for this project, so I had to make some very advanced decisions. I decided to contrast some elements with white.
- Bodice, skirt, sleeves & 1 yoke: Orange with black-outlined white circles, cotton.
- Collar, sleeve cuffs, bodice and skirt facings: White cotton.
I actually didn’t even have enough of the fabric to make a second sleeve, so I had to patch that together. I think it will give the dress character.
Body of dress completed, just about to put in sleeves & pockets. It probably took about 1h:40m to get to this point; Justin surprised me with a lovely lunch.
pockets sewn in, sleeves almost prepared. I need to stitch the inside of the sleeve and then fit into the armhole. I may be able to finish the dress tonight!
Almost totally finished! Stopped for a bit to make mayonnaise and then to have dinner (we needed the mayonnaise for the cheese toast).
This one came out SO MUCH BETTER than the first one, and the first one came out nicely! All I have left to do is press, add buttonholes + buttons & hem. I am SO. EXCITED.
I’m done and I’M IN LOVE.