Nonna’s coat is finished!

January 8, 2023

I have come to a decision on the sleeves. I will take them out, add length, and reduce width by what appears to be about ¾” and then I will hand-stitch it all back in.

Took 5/8″ out each side of arm

Serged 3″ to bottom of sleeve; serged all edges.

Re-stitched armscye

Re-hemmed sleeve lining to jacket.

Update: Sleeve fix went swimmingly.

Of course, it would have been better had I not needed to re-stitch them, but I did not have to re-cut any major pieces..

I found wooden buttons that paired nicely between the lining and the fur. They are an unusual button shape, so that’s cool.

Overall, I am very pleased with how it turned out, but I’m looking forward to making more lined garments so I can truly level up early on in the process. I would like to better foresee problems, and addess them earlier. So glad, though. I’ll wear it tomorrow.


Leave a Reply