but one of the better recipes i’ve found for pizza dough.
- 1.5C hot water
- .25oz dry yeast
- 3.5C bread flour
- pinch of sugar
- pinch of salt
- olive oil
- Mix yeast & hot water in a good-sized cup or small bowl. Allow yeast to get foamy & stink up a bit. Add pinch of sugar.
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Mix in salt and then dig a “well” in the center.
- Pour yeast into the “well” and fold the flour into the center with a wooden spoon or your (very) clean hands.
- Knead lightly in bowl, incorporating all the ingredients. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until dough no longer feels sticky on your palms.
- Rub olive oil in a clean bowl.
- Put dough in the bowl and turn once to lightly cover whole ball in oil.
- Use a knife to cut an “X” into the top of the ball. Cover with a warm, wet towel and place in oven (but don’t turn on the heat).
- Allow dough to double in size (this might take some time)
- Once dough has risen, punch it down and divide into three sections.
- Roll dough section on a floured surface & top with fresh goodies.
- Bake at 450 for 20 minutes with your favorite stuff on it.
Pantry Attack: fresh tomatoes, thin-sliced red onion, tapenade, feta cheese, olive oil, salt & parmesan cheese. No sauce!